Squalane is an incredibly soothing, moisturizing and lightweight oil ideal for use in facial serums and product for maturing skin.
Squalane mimics Squalene, a naturally occurring part of the skin's lipid barrier. Squalane absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving a satiny finish even on oily skin. It is also ideal for adding smoothness and shine to hair.
As we age, our skin's natural Squalene levels decrease, making Squalane a great ingredient to add to mature skincare lines. The primary difference between Squalene and Squalane is that Squalene is not hydrogenated. Squalane is a slightly less powerful antioxidant than Squalene, however, the addition of hydrogen makes Squalane much more stable and easy to work with.
Although Squalene has traditionally been sourced from shark liver, it can also be found in plants, specifically olives, rice bran, and sugarcane. Our Squalane is olive-derived, vegan, and cruelty free, making it both responsibly-sourced and beneficial for the skin.
Learn more about Squalane in our blog, What is Squalane & How to Use it in Skin & Hair Care
Please Note: Individual sizes are filled at the time your order is placed to ensure maximum freshness of product.
Category: Additive, Carrier Oil
Ingredient Function: Emollient, Antioxidant
Used in: Serums, Face and Body Creams, Lotions, Body and Facial Oils, Hair Oils, Perfumes, Color Cosmetics
Solubility: Soluble in Oil
Appearance: Clear Colorless Liquid
Odor: Nearly Odorless
Derived From: Olives
Part(s) Used: Unsaponifiable fraction of olive oil
Preserved With: N/A
Country of Origin: France
Method of Extraction: Hydrogenation
Processing: Hydrogenation, purified
- Can be used as a face or hair serum at 100% if desired
- Lightweight oil is ideal for those with oily or teenage skin
- An ideal hydrating ingredient to add to skincare products geared toward mature skin
- Works well as a dual moisturizer and color dispersing agent in cosmetic products such as lipstick, foundation, cream blush, etc.
- Perfume fixing qualities make Squalane a great ingredient for helping diffuse scent in perfumery.
This product is vegan.